The Oxford North American Property & Casualty Division comprises insurance professionals with more than 150 years’ experience in the placement of numerous specialist and complex classes of business in the London market.
Backed by highly skilled and dedicated administrative support, we have built an enviable reputation for professionalism, creativity and problem solving.
We have developed very strong relationships with key underwriting markets as well as in-house underwriting authority in many specialist classes. We can readily deploy this expertise to bring you competitive bespoke solutions to your property insurance needs.
Main areas of coverage:
- All Risks
- Named Perils
- Single Peril
- Deductible Buy-Backs
- Difference in Conditions/Difference in Limits
- Stand Alone Business Interruption
- Stand Alone Sewer Back-Up
- Primary and Excess Flood
- Builders Risk
- Mortgage Impairment
- Lender Placed Hazard & Flood
- Lender REO
- Lenders Single Interest
- Fine Art & Jewellers Block
- Inland Marine
- Auto Physical Damage
- Motor Truck Cargo
- Strip Malls
- Light Non-Hazardous Manufacturing
- Heavy Manufacturing
- Vacant Risks
- Warehousing and Distribution – Stock Throughput
- Wood Workers
We have a strong focus on providing delegated underwriting authority to MGAs in North America. We are highly experienced in taking new applicants through the process to become a Lloyd’s coverholder, from finding a sponsoring Managing Agent in Lloyd’s, to business planning and completion of the application.
The division handles binding authorities over a wide range of classes and has a skilled support structure in place to assist with everything from claims handling and third party administrators, to bordereaux processing and special acceptances.
We have over 40 years’ experience placing a variety of risks in the U.S. Virgin Islands and surrounding areas. All types of property and occupancy can be considered in addition to general liability and personal and commercial auto. We currently handle binding authorities for various classes in addition to placing larger risks in the open market.
Lending Institution Coverages
We are highly skilled in the placement of lender property lines including mortgage impairment, lender placed hazard and flood and lender’s single interest.
- In-house facility placed through Lloyd's, offering bespoke coverage options to lenders for their entire mortgage property portfolios.
- This coverage is designed to protect the interests of lenders who grant mortgages secured by real property, both residential and commercial. Coverage is available to all types of lending institution including commercial banks, savings banks, savings and loans, credit unions, mortgage bankers and life companies.
- Our facility has in-house authority up to USD 35,000,000 and has a deliberately flexible structure which allows us to tailor each policy to suit the individual needs of each lending institution. Higher limits are also available.
- Coverage is on a broad all risks including flood and earthquake basis and can include earthquake in California where required. Multi-year policies also available.
Lender Placed Hazard and Flood:
- In-house fully flexible facilities placed in Lloyd’s offering comprehensive all risks coverage (including flood and earthquake) to lenders for their mortgage portfolios.
- This coverage is intended to protect a lender’s interest in real and personal property, either residential or commercial, that has been used as collateral for a mortgage where it has been identified that no borrowers’ insurance exists. Coverage is available for all lending institutions.
- Property limits of up to USD 25,000,000 available for lender placed hazard. General liability coverage also available.
- Lender placed flood up to NFIP limits is also available.